How have I stayed positive during these hard times?
During this time of uncertainty staying informed is very beneficial but it does have some downsides.
You can easily become so wrapped up on all the negative things happening around you that it becomes difficult to have a healthy and content mentality.
Here are some tips from us here, at Mountain Springs Advanced Dental in Colorado, that hopefully can help you stay healthy and happy –
- Gratitude can be very rewarding. The more you are grateful for and acknowledge what you have the more you can become content.
- Keeping a daily routine can be helpful. For example, going to sleep and getting up at the same time every day will help your mind and body get the right amount of rest it needs. Doing school work/work from home at the same time as you would at the office.
- Connect yourself with nature every day. Something as simple as going for a walk in the neighborhood, observing the changes that the spring season has brought, and greeting passerbyers by with a smile. A bike ride with family or nature hike on one of the great trails here, just remember to keep the space.
- Make sure to take care of your own health by eating a healthy diet and staying hydrated. Exercising keeps the body and mind stable. Most importantly, make sure to take care of your dental hygiene! Start a new habit of brushing and flossing. A habit takes 21 days to build!
- Stay connected with your family and friends. Yes, we are social-distancing but it is also important to stay connected with those we love or care about. A little message can go a long way. A face-time can brighten every ones day.
- Take each day as it comes. We are all going through this tough time together but focusing on your mental health is just as important as your physical health.